Monday, January 31, 2011

And It Fits In The Palm Of My Hand

There are a lot of pocket sized tarot decks you can buy. There's even a version of the Universal Waite deck that's the size of a postage stamp. (Or 78 postage stamps, more accurately.) But they're definitely more for novelty's sake than anything else, because they can be a hugenormous pain in the ass to do professional readings with: The images are too small to have any impact, and they can be embarrassingly difficult, if not impossible, to shuffle. So, when I bought the Miniature Rider-Waite deck, I was not expecting much. I got turned around, though, when I found out that it's actually a completely useable little deck. It shuffles surprisingly well, and it allows me to have a deck on hand at all times, because it fits just fine in my purse. I'm not 100% down with the card interpretations in the booklet that comes with it, but the pros outweigh the cons. It's a cool little deck to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...