Monday, January 31, 2011

You Should Definitely Read About Her

I got the Haindl Tarot this year as a Christmas gift. (Thank you, Robyn!) It's a seriously fascinating deck that follows the Thoth pattern, which is quite different from the more common Waite-Smith pattern. I can't explain too much about the Haindl deck, since I'm still familiarizing myself with it, and it's definitely one of the most complicated decks out there. Every card (except the court cards of the minor arcana) is covered in numerous symbols from different spiritual disciplines. My favorite court cards are for the suit of stones, which are based on Native American legends. This one is the Daughter of Stones in the West, based on the story of White Buffalo Woman. Here's a link if you'd like to read about her:
http://www.livingmyths.com/Native.htm#White


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...