Sunday, February 13, 2011

She's The Queen Of Beetles

Another deck on my wishlist:  The Victorian Flower Oracle.




This is an oracle deck, which is different from a tarot deck.  The tarot follows a strict system.  There's wiggle room when it comes to what you name the suits, or how you interpret the majors, but you're always going to find 78 cards in a tarot deck, and it's likely going to be separated into the same types of sections no matter what deck you're looking at.  Oracle cards are pretty much anything-goes.  The number of cards, the meanings behind them, the way they're meant to be laid out....it can be completely different from deck to deck.  I've never used oracle cards for professional reading, because a lot of my confidence in reading for strangers comes out of the comfort I derive from the strict routine of the tarot.  If I can follow a set pattern that becomes second nature, I can slap down the cards in a flash and focus solely on interpretation.

Anyway, I do like oracle decks, just more for collecting than actually reading with.  And the Victorian Flower Oracle is beautiful. 




-

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Love Granville. Love the images in this deck.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...