Saturday, July 30, 2011

101 Songs - Here We Go

I'm getting old.

I'm only just now starting to realize the beauty and convenience of flash drives.

For the past few months, I've been working on transferring my music collection, or large chunks thereof anyway, from cd to flash drive.  It's taking FOREVER.  I've got enough done now, though, to have the majority of my favorite stuff transferred, and yesterday, decided to make a playlist of 100 songs that I've never gotten sick of.  It turned into 101 when I realized I'd accidentally skipped out Liane Carroll's mind-blowing cover of Tom Waits' "Picture In A Frame".  But that one's for another day, because today, we're doing an 80's power duet essential:

"Separate Lives" by Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin




I remember loving this song as a kid, and to this day, those opening lines.....

You called me from the room in your hotel.....

bring up all kinds of nostalgic feelings.  The fact that I'm an absolute dumb sucker for a sweeping emotional ballad doesn't hurt, either.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...