Friday, December 30, 2011

Where Did You Go, Short Term Memory??

I mentioned in my last entry that I've decided that it's time to start reading on a daily basis again.  This is one of those situations where if I don't make a sign that says "READ!", I won't end up doing it, because I'm the kind of person who can be distracted away from a thought in a heartbeat by shiny objects and string.

I am an absent-minded person.  Always have been.  It took me until I was a full-grown adult to suck it up and start hanging signs around my room to remind me to do all the stupid simple things that any normal person would have no trouble remembering.  (I even have a sign up that reads "Sea Breeze Every Day!" because I wake up too many mornings with palpable evidence that I forgot to wash my makeup off the night before.)  It took me even longer to realize that those embarrassing signs don't have to be ugly.

If you're like me, and you need reminder signs, here's an idea for making them attractive to look at, at least.




Obviously, an awkward kind of place to hang a fancy sign, but it'll be directly in my line of sight all the time there.  I did this one in Photoshop, but if you don't have computer skeelz, you can just as easily make something like this by hand by printing out the components and gluing/taping them together.  You can paint or draw or plain-old write the words on, as well, if you're not a person who collects fonts.

Photos of ornate picture frames are really cool because they can retain the illusion of depth even when you're printing them out in 2-D form.  Here's a link to a website that has a bunch of cool frames you can download and print out:


The above link is a good start.  You can also go to Google Images, where you'll be presented with a ton of frames to choose from when you type in "photo frames".


Happy New Year to you all!  Here's hoping 2012 will turn out better for everyone than 2011 did!
_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...