Monday, March 24, 2014

I Tarocchi Classici

I'm back!  It's only been, what, two years?  I'm actually really surprised everything's still here and the format of Blogger seems to be pretty much the same as I left it.  I'd like to start posting regularly again, but we'll see how that works out, since my whole life has been completely flipped over and turned around since the last time I was here.  I've got a household and a family to look after these days.  I'll do my best, though.  We're settled now and things have quieted down, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway!  We'll start with a tarot deck review, since I recently re-discovered some decks in my collection that I never posted about.  Here's what Lo Scarabeo refers to as "The Classic Tarot" or "I Tarocchi Classici":


The Empress

The Star

The Sun

Two Of Cups

You really can't go wrong with this deck, seriously.  The Classic Tarot is perfect for times when you want to feel all old-world and archaic while doing readings.  I'm not even going to complain about the unillustrated pips, which is usually a grinding pet peeve of mine, because they're so awesome looking, as you can see by the example of the two of cups above.  This deck is also really great for situations where you're going to be leaving cards laying out for awhile.  Ancient-looking images, numerous foreign languages, simple, sort of primitive color scheme....makes them nice and mysterious without being too dark for the average person's comfort.

The cards themselves are nice and sturdy.  They were obviously meant to be used.  This is one of those decks that you just know has become the go-to for many readers, especially people who enjoy the historical feel of the whole thing.  Once you shuffle the hell out of them, pick them up off the table by the corners a hundred times, and drag them around with you everywhere you go for awhile, you know the images in this deck are going to jive perfectly with the weathered look the cards are going to get.  I know it should be more about the feeling and meaning than the aesthetics, but sometimes....well, we can let it be about the aesthetics SOMEtimes, can't we?


*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...